The University of York is committed to redressing systemic inequalities and disadvantages experienced by Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff, postgraduate researchers (PGRs) and students. We consider the benefits to research quality that come from belonging to a diverse community to be important.
As part of a coordinated plan to increase diversity and inclusion among our PGR community, York Graduate Research School (YGRS) is offering up to six fully-funded PhD scholarships for UK candidates who self-identify as being from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
The scholarships include:
- UK (home)-rate tuition fees for 3 years
- A UKRI-aligned stipend for 3.5 years, full time (currently £17,668 per year tax-free in 2022/23)
- An annual (for 3 years) research training support grant (RTSG) budget of either:
- £5k (for a lab- or field-based programme), or
- £2k (for a non-lab based programme)
- Coaching, mentoring and advocacy.
Click the button at the top of the page to find out more and apply for funding.